Man may be about to develop new abilities - some are already experiencing these. What is classed as paranormal will become normal.
These new abilities could change life as we know it - for the better.
Michael Murphy in his book The Future of the Body: Explorations Into the Further Evolution Of Human Nature has set out twelve attributes that he feels we are moving towards. These are:
1) Extraordinary perceptions, including apprehensions of numinous beauty in familiar objects, voluntary clairvoyance, and contact with entities or events that are inaccessible to the ordinary senses.
2) Extraordinary somatic awarenesses and self regulation.
3) Extraordinary communication abilities.
4) Superabundant vitality.
5) Extraordinary movement abilities.
6) Extraordinary capacities to alter the environment.
7) Self-existent delight.
8) Intellectual ideas received toot ensemble.
9) Supra-ordinary will.
10) Personhood that simultaneously transcends and fulfills one's ordinary sense of self while revealing one's fundamental unity with others.
11) Love that reveals fundamental unity.
12) Alterations in bodily structures, states, and processes that support the experiences and capacities above.
I've always been of the opinion that man will continue to survive and evolve. As I see it the doom and gloom fear merchants have got the wrong end of the stick. There could well be changes in the near future but these will lead to interesting, exciting times. Enjoy the ride.
"Soul and mind instantly lost their physical bondage and streamed out. My sense of identity was no longer narrowly confined to a body but embraced the circumambient atoms ... a swelling glory within me began to envelop towns, continents, the earth, solar and stellar systems ..."
Paramahansa Yogananda in Autobiography of a Yogi
an evolutionary shift. yea we could do with one and sometimes i think it may be happening but then when i think of things like the london riots i hope it wont be a step backwardsReplyDelete
Great steps on an evolutionary path. I think it's what 2012 is about, a massive shift in belief systems.ReplyDelete
I think the evolving human could be very interesting.ReplyDelete