A short but interesting experience where a ghost averts a baby disaster. The writer's name has been withheld.
"My sister had given birth to the first grandchild in our family, and had come home from the hospital.
She wasn't used to carrying the baby around the house, and tripped over a rug and fell forwards with the baby in her arms.
Her husband saw her stumble and fall, rushed to catch her, but before he could reach her from a distance she was propelled back to standing. He was as shocked as anyone!
My sister said that she smelled our late grandfather's familiar aftershave and knew it was he who had caught her and saved the baby."